Saturday, March 2, 2013

Why Blog? Why Butterfly Effect?




Why blog?

This will sound crazy to people who don't know me, but people who do will understand completely!!

1. I love to talk and as I learn something new I love to share everything I learned with everyone :) !!  If something has impacted my life, I want to pass it on to everyone I know and love. 

Now the problem with this is, not everyone wants me too!!  A blog solves this problem!! With a blog, if you want to know what I'm learning, you can, if you don't, you don't have to!!

2. I would love to leave a digital record of all I am learning to my children.  Books and Journals are great, but they get lost, they get dusty, they can only be POSSESSED by one person (They can be shared but it is difficult), they can be ruined :( !!! Let's face it.  Typing is so much faster!! :) !

We live in a digital age which can be viewed as a curse or a blessing. In this particular situation, I view it as a blessing.  I wish to leave this legacy to my children and grandchildren, as well as close friends and family who would like to come with me on my journey of the change and growth.

Why the Butterfly Effect?

I will always do my best to give credit where credit is due, so that you can see the path of the butterly wind in my life.  With that being said.... I have to give credit for this idea to Andy Albright, who had Andy Andrews speak at National Convention and had me read his books as part of our book club.

Or.... should I give credit to his wife Jane Albright, who saw Andy Andrews speak and read his books and promoted them to Andy.

(Andy Andrews author of The Butterfly Effect, The Traveler's Gift, The Noticer, Mastering the Seven Decisions (my favorite) and many other fantastic life changing books. )





Or..... should I give credit to Andy Andrews who wrote the books that taught me about the Butterfly Effect??

Or does the credit go to all the many authors of the books Andy studied to transform him into someone who can make an impact through the written word in the lives of many.

Or... should the credit go to Jones (from The Noticer) who mentored Andy through his transformation.

I plan to have a butterfly effect in the world.  I feel like God created us all for GREATNESS and he has an individual mission for each of us to accomplish.  I do feel that we all have the FREEDOM OF CHOICE (a God given right) to become great, to change and grow and find our mission. 

I CHOOSE to change and grow and find my mission and make an impact or EFFECT in the lives of all I have the privledge to call friend, family, children, grandchildren ect... anyone God gives me the opportunity to EFFECT.... ! 

That is why I chose Butterfly Effect as my Blog title!!

I hope you will choose to join me on my journey!!

XOXO

3 comments:

  1. From my Sister Kelley,

    Mel, the day you came into my life little sister was such a blessing. Such a kind, gentle, loving and compassionate spirit you have towards others. This is exciting to be able to follow along your journey. Long talks with you have always been my favorite now I can read your thoughts on here. Thank you for sharing, I always loved your blogging! What a perfect title, Butterfly Effect, love it! <3 Love you! 

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be so much fun to read! How do I follow you or something so I'm notified through email when you post something? Love you,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how to set it up to notify you, but I can personally notify you if you want me to!! ;)

    ReplyDelete